building a new computer!

wrfc_rabbit 18:15 30 Oct 05

hi people, im looking to buy components for a new pc. i need some help on what to buy because at the moment i know i want an AMD 64bit(around 3200+ mark) cpu but they have the choice of 939 or 754. i need to know where to get the components and how much it will cost. i have a set budget of £300. and i know i need a CPU, DDR RAM, a MOBO and a case (With PSU). i am not sure whether i can afford to buy a GPU with my budget so integrated graphics will be prefered. i already have a 40gb IDE HDD(i want to use it if possible) and many optical drives so they arent a worry.
please reply asap!
thanks, Nathan

dagwoood 18:23 30 Oct 05

A socket 939 cpu would be the way to go to future proof your system. As you're on a budget, you could get a single core CPU now and upgrade to a dual core one at a latter date.

As to where to buy from, Ebuyer are quite good click here

HTH, dagwoood.

961 18:24 30 Oct 05

click here

Consider a motherboard bundle from click here

Use a 939 motherboard, the 754 being an older design

woodchip 18:27 30 Oct 05

Don't think you are going to get what you want for £300. If you do let me know where you got it

Strawballs 18:30 30 Oct 05

If you need a case as well you might want to consider a Barebones from click here

wrfc_rabbit 18:32 30 Oct 05

thanks guys, Nova tech only seem to have 754! please reply.
Nathan

wrfc_rabbit 18:39 30 Oct 05

"Don't think you are going to get what you want for £300. If you do let me know where you got it"

hey woodchip, i could more than likely find a 939 config with these people helping me :) when i do i will tell you.

remember i only need essentially;

MOBO
RAM
CPU
CASE

Should squeeze into £300.

thanks, Nathan.

woodchip 18:47 30 Oct 05

Now that's a Different Matter

woodchip 18:49 30 Oct 05

This would make a Good start click here

wrfc_rabbit 18:52 30 Oct 05

what you mean by that? can you help me please? Novatech only do 754 bundle and barebones! i need this pc ordered by tomorrow noon! please help asap!
thank you all very much :)
Nathan.

wrfc_rabbit 19:17 30 Oct 05

i would prefer to buy new products only. thanks anyways! more help would be appreciated, im open to all suggestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant