Building my own PC....HELP!!

Need4Speed 16:28 30 Oct 05

After speaking to a mate of mine and checking out his "home" made PC. I am thinking of building my own, with his help though of course, but I need to know what I would need to put it together ie any special tools etc and more importantly, what I would need ie type of hard drive, cd-rom, whats the best graphics card (as having seen and played Doom 3 thought it was FANtastic) decent case, good motherboard, fast processer etc etc As I really have no idea where to start and my mate is too complicated to understand, Trust me!!

Could someone also help me with a good spec for a PC so I can play the latest games, usual office stuff ie letters, spreadsheets etc and also for connection to the internet as I really, really need broadband. (as for dial up, the least said the better.

Any help/advice much appreciated :) cheers

hzhzhz 16:54 30 Oct 05

How much do you want to spend?.

stalion 16:54 30 Oct 05

I will let someone else give you the best components to build your pc but this is an excellent guide click here

Need4Speed 17:09 30 Oct 05

Have around £800 to spend max.

007al 18:26 30 Oct 05

is the £800 going to include a monitor?

Need4Speed 06:48 31 Oct 05

No if inc monitor bout £950.

Dumble452 08:59 31 Oct 05

I'll let others advise on spec, but I've always been pleased with my dealings with click here
for parts etc. It might be worth looking at a motherboard bundle or barebone bundle. As for tools you don't need many, I managed with one of these click here
An earthing (grounding) wrist band is advisable, and they can be picked up in your local friendly computer store.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…