building my own pc

Beverley Anne 00:15 15 Mar 03

Hi

I am starting to get the bits and pieces to build my own pc.

I am using the 3 part series featured in PC Advisor not so long ago.

Would using a ME OS instead of the XP OS featured in the series work with Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz Processor, 256MB pc4200 Samsung Memory, Asus P4T533 Motherboard. Or would they be to powerful, if so could please suggest what would work with an ME OS.

Thanks

Beverley

Djohn 00:25 15 Mar 03

No, you will be fine, whichever O/S you choose to install with either of the systems in the self build article. J.

A Pound of Sausages 00:27 15 Mar 03

I'd use XP. More up to date and better all round I find.

DieSse 00:45 15 Mar 03

The correct memory for your motherboard is RDRAM (also called RIM or RAMBUS) - not DDR which you have appeared to quote.

If you want a simliar board for DDR-RAM, look at the P4PE

click here

woodchip 00:52 15 Mar 03

One hear nearly built for you, but not ungradable but will run games and do all you require click here

Beverley Anne 09:04 15 Mar 03

Thanks to all that took the time to anwser.

Now I can get cracking on with it!!

Beverley

Legolas 10:55 15 Mar 03

Beverley Anne I have just completed my second self build and it is a very rewarding experience when you fire it up for the first time, but beware it can be a bit addictive.

woodchip I would be interested to see how a system built with that motherbnoard performed, it might be ok for a cheap second system, but at the price it might be worth giving it a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced