Building my first PC, help!

JulesWinnfield 21:38 21 Nov 13

Trusty laptop is finally on its last legs after years of abuse and repair. Finally decided to build my first PC partly for the challenge and partly because I want to start some light PC gaming due to me not being able to afford a pc and a new generation console.

I want to spend between 400-600 GBP depending what my money buys me and whether the top end of my budget will make a dramatic improvement. I have very little knowledge of what I can spec and what will work. However I have been eyeing the following on scan.co.uk.

Aerocool Strike-X One Mid-Tower Case

Intel Core i5 4430

Gigabyte GA-H87M-HD3 Intel H87 Socket 1150 Motherboard

Creative SB 30SB135000000 Recon3D Sound Core3D

EVGA GeForce GTX 650 NVIDIA Graphics Card - 1GB

Seagate 1TB SATA 3 Performance Hard Drive OEM ST1000DM003

Corsair Memory Vengeance Jet Black 4GB DDR3 2000 MHz CAS 10-10-10-27 Dual Channel Desktop

I already have an ssd to accompany the SATA hard drive. I'm very keen on music and have a nice pair of monitors so a good sound card would be appreciated. I have no idea whether this would work, or the power supply I would need. Any alterations, substitutions or additions you can think of would be greatly appreciated. And if you can spec something for a cheaper price with a similar performance that would be even better.

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…