Building HTPC.... info needed

jimmynewhtpc 20:08 09 Feb 09

hello all this is my first post, just a bit of info needed about my new htpc project... right got a power supply, case (micro atx), HDD, bluray drive, AMD 64x2 4400+ and biostar motherboard with 2gb DDR2. So the question is will this be sufficient for playing HD from Blu ray etc through my HD tv? also whats the best way to connect to LCD tv because board has no HDMI connector. so will i need a different graphics card with HDMI o/p?? any help would be great thanks!!

ambra4 12:02 10 Feb 09

“So will I need a different graphics card with HDMI o/p”

Not necessary you can use a VGA to HDMI Converter with Audio

click here

Plus a 3.5mm Jack to 2x RCA Phono Cable from the line out connector to the converter

Gold 3.5mm Jack to 2x RCA Phono Cable 1.2M

click here

Or you can install a new graphics card

SAPPHIRE HD 3450 256MB DDR2 PCI-E 1G Hyper Memory

click here

HDMI with 5.1 surround sound audio

(Important Information for Windows XP & Windows Vista users)

Click on the Selected text and a pdf will be downloaded with instruction on how to set up in XP

and Vista to access HDMI Audio and Video thought the DVI port

You can also look at the X1600 Pro HDMI

click here

Enable Audio Over DVI and HDMI in Windows XP or Windows Vista

click here

masonelectronics 00:19 11 Feb 09

Company Details
Name :: Mason Electronics Ltd
Registered No :: NB039336
Address :: 218-220 Abbey St Derby Derbyshire
Zipcode :: DE22 3SX
Tel :: +447024020996
We are one of the heading company here in United Kingdom, We deals with all kinds of electronis such as Mobile Phones, Plasma Tv's, Laptops, Video games, Digital Cameras, CDJ mixer's e. t. c. . .
We carry out our shipping within 48-72 hrs through FedEx, DHL, UPS after the confirmation of your payment or deposit. . . .
We awaits your patronages. . .

We sale sample units of 1, 2 ,3 4, 5 units , while our MOQ is 3-5 units and you will get 10%
discount on the prices and the shipping to you.
We want you to place your order from the above list and get back to us with your order:
1)Products
2)Model
3)Units
4)Units for each model
5)Shipping addres,names and contact number.
We making shipping fasters,easier and comfortable via fast courier services among are which are fedEx,DHL,UPS.within 48-72 hours from United Kingdom to your doorstep.
We hope to hear from you at your earliest conveniences,
Retuen Policy:
You may return the item within ten (90) days of delivery of the order.
Products with Manufacturer Warranties which exceed 30 days, may be returned directly to the manufacturer according to their instructions.
Customer may request a replacement product otherwise company creditwill be issued.
A restrocking fee maybe applied to your return.
For further inquiry contact The Sales Manager (Mr Stanley )

Contact Mail Address..
[email protected].
[email protected].
[email protected].

MCE2K5 01:18 11 Feb 09

FE Informed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…