building first website

tonyq 15:00 07 Sep 08

I am thinking of trying to build my first website mainly for the experience and for showing my photos. I have come across Synthasite click here which is a free web builder plus free hosting if I have read it correctly.
As anyone used Synthasite? and am I right about the free hosting or am I missing something?

djbenny 13:45 08 Sep 08

theres loads of sites out there that do free web hosting click here is one and click here is another they should be good to showcase your photos

tonyq 17:44 08 Sep 08

djbenny
thank you for the suggestions I will have a look at them.

Dragonfly2 09:26 13 Sep 08

Hi there,
I've tried using Synthasite, and have found it really good. This is for a small social club, and I set up a trial website about a week ago and am still working on it. We're currently with Streamline (not free) and I'm considering switching to Synthasite when our contract with Streamline expires. I don't see why I should pay if you can get something similar for free!

I'm glad you've mentioned them, because I've put a posting onto this forum to see if anyone has tried the two, so far no replies. As far as I can see if all you want is a simple website, then Synthasite is great, and so far there's no mention of money - it does seem to be completely free.

If you set up a free website with Synthasite or similar, then you will have their name in your website address, unless you buy your own domain and use that.

Good luck - I'll be interested to know how things turn out!

darkreign 16:13 30 Sep 08

i might use the freewebs.com myself.

Ta
Darkreign

spot the braincell 16:39 02 Oct 08

Apart from having to use their name in your address, what other restrictions are there. Could you use it for a full blown ecommerce site for instance?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017