BUILD YOUR OWN PC - THE MOVIE

urban gorilla 13:11 11 Sep 03

Can anyone direct me to where i can obtain a vhs/dvd on how to build your own pc from scratch?
I have seen the books, magazine articles and also internet sites but i need visual guidance showing in detail step by step installation with running commentry and explaination of each component.
Does something like this exist? If not, can pca make one to sell?

Jester2K II 13:28 11 Sep 03

PCA do a 3 part guide - click here

ALL you need.

hugh-265156 16:05 11 Sep 03

some good videos click here

roy 16:35 11 Sep 03

Not a video and a bit out of date now, but the following and other articles from this source may help you.

click here

TECHNODIMWIT 17:56 11 Sep 03

click here

includes some short videos to download, but not a complete build.

hope it helps

seedie 19:17 11 Sep 03

The real problem is not putting it together but knowing what to buy and having the confidence (or not) to spend money and have a box full of 300,400,500, pounds worth of kit spread out on the kitchen table.

Unless you're loaded you gotta get it right first time.

I'm the sort who thinks the bottle is half full believe it not :)

urban gorilla 19:40 11 Sep 03

Thanks for your response and the links guys.
It appears what i'm looking for doesn't exist.
what i'm looking for is the pc equivalent of delia smiths how to cook video/dvd available in the shops. something that shows an actual pc being built with an explaination of each component being fitted.something that can be rewound and played again until it becomes clear, can be paused etc.
it's an ideal oportunity for someone on this forum who can build pc's with their eyes shut to
get their digital camcorder out and make this film and sell it. i will definately buy it and i know many others who will too. there is a demand for it.

jz 22:53 11 Sep 03

I've just being looking at the videos at Huggyg71's link (click here). They seems to be just what you want.

hugh-265156 23:53 11 Sep 03

as a novice myself,i found them very helpful and easy to understand.

Kitz E Kat 00:04 12 Sep 03

you don't need a 'Delia Smith' video to build a computer...

The PCA guide is as good as any...

Its all you need, any problems just post here...

If you want my opinion, and most people don't!!!, then just get the 'bits' and do it, and stuff the video....

I built my first computer with little knowledge of what to do and how to do it, but that was the 'buzz'....

If you get a 'paint by numbers' type thing then all you are is some assembly worker, an OK job, but no challenge....

Just do it, first thing is are you going AMD or Pentium, then work off that , find out what board works with what and the rest, that is the challenge, then you will wind up with lots of little boxes and a confused look, that's cool..

Read the instructions, get more confused!!!!
And bit by bit and a few posts here and WOW, you got a working computer...

That YOU built, with a little help...

You will learn loads, and then make a video of how to make a computer!!!!!!

Stuff the video and just do it.....

Kitz E kat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…