Build your own pc - with invisible Hard Drive

scrunge 13:44 05 May 03

I have (at long last) built a PC based on the articles in PC Advisor of last year.
I built the spec based on the ASUS P4T533 motherboard. The only change I made was to use a DVD RW (the Ricoh MP5125A).
When I first booted the system, it would not recognise the existence of the Seagate Barracuda hard drive.
I ran Seagate’s “DiscWizard (Start up edition) version 10.34”, which recognised the drive and told me it was formatted and partitioned for use with Windows XP Home Edition.
However, when I try to install Windows the set-up programme tells me that no hard disk drive is installed.
What am I not doing or doing wrong?

Forum Editor 14:47 05 May 03

but you do have the drive configured as a master, and connected to the primary IDE connector don't you?

tbh72 14:50 05 May 03

I've just been helping out with a bios update on another thread. I notice that my mainboard has new IDE drivers available for win XP. Could you need updated IDE drivers for your mother board??

It's just a thought & not a solution

set the jumper to cable select and use an 80 conductor cable. the set things up in the BIOS before you try to instal windows. the barracuda will auto detect if the bios is set to do so.

scrunge 16:40 05 May 03

Thank you Forum Editor for response...the hard drive was connected to the PRI-RAID connector, as suggested in the Workshop instructions, with the DVD RW on the Primary IDE connector. I have now connected the HDD to the Primary IDE and the DVD RW to the Secondary, and Windows is loading.
Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…