build a website

molby5 12:36 10 Dec 08

hi there,

i am building a website for the company i work for.
i have created it how we want it to look via powerpoint and i saved it as a webpage and when we open it up in Internet explorer it looks as we would like.
could anyone point me in the direction of how to publish it to the web.
i also need to know how to make words on the screen be clickable so they take you to another page, for instance be highlighted when a mouse hovers over and then when clicked takes you to another page.

many thanks

matt

Rahere 12:43 10 Dec 08

There's a forum on this site dedicated to website design so maybe you should try there for advice.

I think you might are going about it the wrong way using Powerpoint to design a website - if you have FrontPage installed this is designed to handle this process in one application. Alternatively there are free website programs available if you don't have Frontpage available.

nosharpe 12:53 10 Dec 08

Building a webpage using Frontpage is quite easy.
However I would seriously recommend you get a professional web designer to administer the site.
You have to obtain a domain (eg. click here) and an ISP that will host your website.
You also need to think of security, especially if you intend using it for eCommerce.
Not to mention the professional feel the company may wish to exude.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…