Build or Buy High End Gaming PC- please help

Arkanon 14:17 28 Sep 08

Hi All,

I'm looking to build a new Gaming Desktop after deciding against buying a laptop. I have built my own in the past although it was a long time ago.

There are a few good deals for off the shelf out there but whenever i find one it just doesnt quite have what I want. Of course i might just be going overkill (see Below)

Now the problem I have it that it's been so longsince i looked at these things that now there are so many differing products I pretty much do not know where to start. What I do know is that I want to Future proof myself for at couple of years at least.

With that in mind im looking for a quad core 3ghx cpu and dual Nvidia GTX280 or eqivalent. 4gb ddr3 ram. I would also like a digital TV card, card reader, a good wireless card, and possibly a blu ray drive.

Short of that... i do not know where to start.

Any suggestions on a good build with parts that work together etc. I'm told there are tons of compatibility problem nowadays. ALL help will be greatly appreciated as this is basically an entire system from scratch... This means i will also need monitor etc Budget around £1500 to £2k

Many Thanks

Rob

Diversion 15:08 28 Sep 08

click here You could find something here.

Arkanon 16:02 28 Sep 08

hmm might be a good place to start... thnaks for that link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…