Build or Best place to Buy pc tower

clayton 22:01 07 Mar 03

ok its a friends birthday soon & she needs a new pc tower nothing flash just a good size hard drive eg 40gb 7200rpm,256mb pc 2100 DDR, GeForce 2 Graphics, good motherboard eg no pcchips or ecs, is it better for me to build this myself or does anyone have a link to where i can buy one @ this sort of specification thanks.

pj123 22:39 07 Mar 03

Try here click here

goonerbill 00:13 08 Mar 03

choices of good upgradeable mobo look at these click here or click here look at this site for the best prices on all the parts you need, saves looking at lots of site, does it for you click here

woodchip 00:19 08 Mar 03

If you get this there should be less to go wrong it's nearly built for you click here Preconfigured

Giggle n' Bits 02:07 08 Mar 03

on motherobards with any windows earlier than WinXP is not supported mainly due to compatibilty clash of the required VIA 4in1 Drivers needed.

Only XP possibly Win2000 will support this chipset, no Via Drivers needed as Win XP support the chipset within.

Kyomii 03:27 08 Mar 03

Unfortunately the preconfigured board mentioned is a PC chips which you said you didn't want - also the problem with the built-in CPU motherboards is that the CPU is fixed/embedded into the board - in other words you cannot remove it so upgrading is out of the question.

For the type of system you want, you cannot go far wrong with the Asus nforce 1 motherboard with 5.1 dolby certified sound and integrated geforce 2 graphics.

The board is built on xbox technology, and, as a result, there is no loss of performance with the graphics as there is with most, if not all, other integrated graphic solutions.

There is also a dedicated AGP port so you can upgrade at a later date. These boards will also take an XP 2000+ processor, so you could start off with a 1.3 duron at around £20 to £30 and upgrade at a later date.

click here

To find out more about nforce, click here

Bluescreen 09:08 08 Mar 03

I've used Pc Chips 841Lmr with Sis740 chipset. They're great with no problems. Why does everyone think they are useless.

goonerbill 09:31 08 Mar 03

to contradict diamoandx, winme runs ok on the kt400 chipset mobo's. what he is refering to ia a problem with certain EA games, bios update and VIA drivers. as long as ya dont update the bios (problem is with 1 update only), everything will run perfectly like it does on my mobo and brother in laws.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…