Build a Computer

Nero6 16:03 13 Feb 08

I propose to build myself a computer.
I shall only use it for surfing the net and general office work using Microsoft Office, (No Gaming)
I would be pleased to have suggestions for a suitable specification.
I wouldn't say money is no object, but I am prepared to pay for a fast machine.

€dstowe 16:09 13 Feb 08

For a first time build, have a look at Novatech and get one of their computer "bundles" of parts.

This will give you experience of what you're doing with components known to be compatible.

click here

Pamy 16:10 13 Feb 08

The slowest of machines will be more than adequate for what you say you want to do. But I suspect you want more than stated, so I would think about all the things that you will want to do ie, manipulate photo's, do you plan to do any dvd burning etc. etc.

Pamy 16:16 13 Feb 08

To give you some idea what is involved look at this guys post, click here

crosstrainer 16:22 13 Feb 08

Here:
click here?

Similar setup to Novatech, you can choose a motherboard, and cpu bundle, case, graphics card hard drives etc.

Bear in mind that you will need to buy a copy of whichever operating system you want. You can purchase OEM (original equipment manufacturers) copies from the sites mentioned for around 60 quid, but they will be tied to the machine you are building, and the licence dies with the machine.

A full retail copy will set you back considerably more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…