Buggered Up My XP Theme Need Help !

Acer-1 01:49 14 Mar 09

Recently brought a compaq mini netbook which came with windows xp home installed but then i found you can change the themes and get ones that make it look like windows 7 etc so i downloaded a uxtheme patcher and downloaded a few themes but they did'nt show up when i went to change the theme so i tryed to undo what i had done but now i can't seem to even get the default xp theme back and am stuck with the ugly classic grey windows 98 theme.

Am very confused, i would just download windows 7 but i hear there are still compatability issues etc obviously so i would rather wait until its official release date then buy it.

If anyone can help me get it working ideally help me get custom themes working would be great.

I have windows SP3.

I have tryed going back to a earlier restore point but no joy.

cheers

mocha 05:26 14 Mar 09

Hi Acer-1,

Did you install the uxtheme patcher for SP3, the older version of uxtheme patcher will not work with SP3 installed.

Try uninstalling the uxtheme patcher from add/remove programs in control panel and see if this restores your normal windows themes.

Good Luck.

BRYNIT 08:50 14 Mar 09

This might help click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…