BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER error

sarah-280539 17:11 17 Sep 04

For the last week or so for no apparent reason I get a blue screen with either BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER or Driver IRQL is less than equal. I then have to reboot the pc. I read a post on a different site which said something about the USB connection and it will work if it's a network card or something. I am a computer novice so literally anything technical goes straight over my head. The modem that I am using is a motorola SURFboard 4100 (I'm on ntl broadband 24.99 package, Win XP Home). Will my system eventually become unstable and stop working because of this error? I'd be grateful if any could help.

rawprawn 17:32 17 Sep 04

Have you kept your Windows XP up to date with all the latest patches? I don't know the answer myself, but I have looked on the internet and one suggestion is to upgrade to Windows SP 2 (It's just an update but quite a big one).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:10 17 Sep 04

Both faults caused by drivers

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
click here

Can you connect with and ethernet cable from your modem to PC instead this will solve your problems.

sarah-280539 21:00 17 Sep 04

Would it cost a lot to connect it through an ethernet cable? I have the space at the back of the modem but there is nothing on the back of the pc so I'm guessing I'd have to have some kind of card fitted into one of the spare pci slots?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…