bugcode_usb_driver error

jedi 123 09:37 15 Oct 03

I keep getting the above error followed by the usual physical dump of memory on the blue screen.Im running windows xp home and I am using a four port usb hub which has brodband, mouse,printer attached to it. I tried to attach my palm to the machine but the usb would not even come up with found new hardware, and whenever I run the add new hardware wizard I always get the above error. I have removed the palm off the usb and run the wizard again and I still get the blue screen error message, any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

MAJ 10:10 15 Oct 03

Are you using a powered hub, jedi 123? What make of PC is it?

Lozzy 10:36 15 Oct 03

Do you have any ? or ! beside USB Serial Bus Controllers??

jedi 123 14:23 15 Oct 03

the usb hub is powered through the laptop not self powered the laptop is a toshiba satellite which was running windows me, I removed that and put a fresh install of xp home and also updated the bios which I loaded from toshiba website. There are no question marks or exclamation marks next to usb in device manager.

tpeck 00:39 07 Nov 03

Sounds similar to my problem - a cable modem/usb2.0/winxp conflict. If you have hyperthreading enabled in your BIOS, try disabling it. It worked for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…