BUGCHECK

uhtcream 20:37 05 Jul 04

Further to my post the other day "crash" I've now managed to get more detail..."the computer has rebooted from a bugcheck". It only happens when I'm doing intensive work like rendering a slide show into a video for writing to SVCD or DVD. Can anybody help?

Djohn 01:46 06 Jul 04

Can you please post a link to your original thread so that we can see what has been tried so far.

Just in case your not sure how to do it. Go to "Your postings" in blue type at the top of the page and find your original thread.

Right click your mouse on the heading and choose "Copy shortcut". Come back to this thread and right click your mouse in the message box, choose paste and post the thread, it will turn into a blue "Click Here" when posted. j.

hugh-265156 02:52 06 Jul 04

im guessing you have windows xp, if so try this:

install all updates listed as critical, security related or service pack from click here

try also clicking 'start/control panel/system/advanced/start up and recovery/settings' and untick 'automatically restart' you should now no longer get a restart but instead get a useful error displayed instead. note it down exactly and look it up in the 'search(KB) box click here or post it here.

update your drivers for motherboard, graphics card and soundcard also from the manufacturers websites.

look in 'control panel/administrative tools/event viewer' under the 'system' and 'application' tabs for any errors listed that have the date and time of any crashes or hangs you have had and click the links for more info maybe.

uhtcream 20:33 06 Jul 04

Have now got the following two messages when program stops

The exception Breakpoint. A breakpoint has been reached at, (0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x1015e22b.

and

The instruction at "0x77f580db" referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be "written.

This has got me baffled!

uhtcream 20:48 06 Jul 04

It just stopped again and this is what I got:-

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7036
Date: 06/07/2004
Time: 20:41:31
User: N/A
Computer: 5U9XB2NL2GF12NJ
Description:
The IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service service entered the stopped state.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at click here.

hugh-265156 00:13 07 Jul 04

'The IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service service entered the stopped state' or 'entered the running state' or 'was sucessfully sent a start control' are not errors and you will see this type of thing listed in event viewer marked with a blue 'i' for information every time the computer is switched on a new list of services started etc will be added.

'The instruction at "0x77f580db" referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written' there was nothing exactly matching this error on the ms site sorry. as above though, update windows and all your drivers. also run a memory tester to rule that out as the problem click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…