Bugbear Virus

meater 16:44 08 May 03

Can anybody tell me how to get rid of the Bugbear Virus, and how do you know that you have got it?
I have Nortons Personal AntiVirus 2003 and it is kept updated every week. I have been told that an AntiVirus program will not detect it, is this true.
I would appreciate any help on this problem.

Cheerio for now,

Meater

Andsome 16:52 08 May 03

This is a very old virus now. I first reported this virus to the forum many months ago. I knew that I had received it because Norton AV had picked it up and isolated it. It is most unlikely that you have it, as Norton would have reported this fact to you and isolated it as it did on my computer. I have to go out now, but someone will no doubt point you in the direction of an online virus scanner to run another check, I assume that you have already scanned with Norton.

VoG™ 16:55 08 May 03

Are you sure you are talking about Bugbear or have you received an mail telling you to delete jdbgmgr.exe ? click here

beeuuem 16:57 08 May 03
  beeuuem 16:59 08 May 03

I should know better by now - this link worksclick here

-pops- 18:26 08 May 03

"I have been told that an AntiVirus program will not detect it"

This definitely sounds like Teddy. Do you have any more details, meater? I would strongly recommend following VoG™'s advice before doing anything else.

Brian

Belatucadrus 19:27 08 May 03

Anything that starts with a statement like " an AntiVirus program will not detect it" should be taken with a huge pinch of salt. There are so many different Anti Virus packages, with assorted heuristics that even if well intentioned it's unlikely to be true.

Patr100 19:34 08 May 03

Yep, sounds like the jdbgmgr.exe hoax. Again.

pj123 22:21 08 May 03

The teddybear hoax virus was known as "bearbug" but there is a virus called "bugbear" go to click here and click on virus information and type bugbear into the search box and you will get all the information you want.

Andsome 09:31 09 May 03

I am surprised that we have not seen any response from you yet. Surely this problem is now solved and deserves a green resolved tick.

meater 12:07 09 May 03

Many thanks for your help, I thought that Norton's AntiVirus should have picked it up, but after seeing it on the e-mail I received, I did not know what to think.

Anyway, many thanks for your quick responses.

Meater

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…