Buffering endlessly

Blackcats 18:38 08 Aug 09

Hi all, I have a favorite cooking site, but when I try to load 'how to' video's on the site, it just keeps saying buffering, and never loads so I can watch it. Is there somethings in my internet settings that I need to tweek?

Sea Urchin 18:41 08 Aug 09

Any chance of posting a link to the site?

Blackcats 18:45 08 Aug 09

Thanks for the quick response Sea Urchin

click here

mrwoowoo 18:51 08 Aug 09

Keeps on buffering for me as well. I assume it must be their site/server then.
I.E 7 and Vista.

Blackcats 18:53 08 Aug 09

Thank you folks, glad to know it's not my lack of knowledge. Do you suppose that it will right itself at some point? this has been happening all week.

VoG II 18:54 08 Aug 09

Yep - same in Firefox and XP and no sign of internet activity whilst the message is displayed. It is them not you!

Blackcats 18:56 08 Aug 09

WOW! I am amazed at the rapid replies, this does not happen so much on other sites. Great. Thank you all so much.

Sea Urchin 19:01 08 Aug 09

I get the same problem - may well be the site. Have you previously been able to watch the videos OK?

See if you can watch one of these News videos half way down the page on the right - if so your system should be fine.

click here

Sea Urchin 19:02 08 Aug 09

I've been outposted :@)

Blackcats 20:50 08 Aug 09

Sorry, had to go out for a while. I don't get any video on the BBc site, Sea Urchin, just a white space where it should be.

VoG II 21:27 08 Aug 09

BBC works for me.

Just to be sure try one of these (I'm sure you're not remotely interested in the content but see if one will play) click here .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced