buffering

conigio 11:19 20 Apr 08

I have been trying to watch a video from bigpond in australia,but it keeps stopping with,
"Bufering" what ever this means.? What can I do about it to get a continueous picture.
I am using virgin broadband. they say 1mb.???is this the problem.?
I have to do something because I have paid the subscription by credit card,and can not stop it.
I can view video from virgin with no problems.
HELP.
conigio

Pineman100 11:31 20 Apr 08

This is probably nothing that you can do anything about. The website is trying to send you more data than your internet connection can handle, so the video has to keep stopping and waiting for more data to come through.

Does the website offer the video in a lower resolution format? If so, try that. Or, if the option is available, try downloading the whole video to your hard drive, and then watch it from there.

conigio 09:32 28 Apr 08

pineman100.
I have since learnt a bit more about buffering,and have updated my flash player 9 and flash media server 3.
Having a lower resolution makes no difference to the download.
They would not allow a download to a hard drive,something to do with copywrite issures.
Not sure where I go from here. any ideas out there.? What is H.264 ? How do I get it.? all I know is that it is a dual buffering.as one buffer is used up the other one is buffering,or this to simple.?
conigio

Sea Urchin 10:10 28 Apr 08

You can download the H264 codec from here

click here

wee eddie 11:18 28 Apr 08

The problem you are getting, as others have said, is that the Internet Connection is not fast enough to "Stream" this movie

Right Click on the Item you wish to View > Select "Save Target as" and save it to your Desktop > You should be able to view it there once it has fully downloaded.

Sea Urchin 11:26 28 Apr 08

As conigio says in 09.32 posting the site does not allow downloading

conigio 22:46 30 Apr 08

sea urchin.now have H.264, but I need to a new video card of 256 MB or higher plus a 24 bit sound card.
Perhaps I should call it a day and just play dvd.
Thanks to every one for your input.
conigio.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…