Buffer under run when "recording cdr"

paulfr 21:52 24 May 05

I run EIsystem laptop with Samsung cdrw/dvd sn 324f drive. When burning cd at the higher speeds the drive ceases to operate with the above response. The only way to avoid this problem is to reduce the drive speed from 24x to 10x or below. I use roxio creator 6 and have even updated this to 7.5. Roxio claim the problem is not theirs. EIsystem are a Dutch company selling through PCWorld with a "foreign website" PCWorld do not want to know as it is out of warranty. I cannot find any updated drivers. Any suggestions?

TomG 21:55 24 May 05

You could try shutting programs down that are running in the background - but it might be that you just have to accept lower speeds.

woodchip 21:56 24 May 05

This could be a Problem with a Laptop, as the speed of CD drives can be faster than a Laptop drive that only run at 4500. If it burn's OK at lower speed I suggest you get used to using it like that

paulfr 21:28 26 May 05

Thanks for your comments although perhaps I should add (i) I always burn with nothing in the background (ii) When I first bought the laptop it did burn 24x. (iii) of more concern the drive gives up on more resource hungry projects ie converting a sound editor file to an audio cd.
Any suggestions?

Eric10 21:57 26 May 05

It will take a little longer but you could try burning your projects to an ISO file on your hard drive and then burn the ISO to the CD afterwards.

canard 22:13 26 May 05

This prob sometimes starts occuring constantly with Nero on my PC. Uninstall and reinstall of Nero has always fixed it [to date].It might work with Roxio?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…