Budget notebook, any recommendations?

andytomp 21:38 23 Jun 03

Looking for a _fairly_ cheap laptop. The thing is I'd like a light one, but with a big screen. The thing I'm not so worried about is performance. It's only going to be used for Office (doh! Need a beefy maching for that I guess), Email and web.

So... Cheap (sub £1000 if poss), light, fairly decent screen. No need for bleedin' edge stuff. Going to need a pc card slot as it'll be on a wireless network (but I'm assuming that's standard).

Anyone out there bought a stunner lately?

hugh-265156 03:12 24 Jun 03

have a look click here

andytomp 09:49 24 Jun 03

What I think I really need from a notebook is a long battery life. It seems 3-4 hours is the norm (light use?), doesn't seem likea lot to me. I suppose I need to go for a notebook with a mobile specific CPU in it to stop drain as much as possible.

Any particular makes out there good on battery life?

Also, the budget end IBM thinkpad looks good, but they still use that little knobby thing instead is a touchpad. But saying that, I was never that keen on touchpads (used to have a Powerbook) - any IBM owners out there, is that little knob type thing any good? Do you get used to it?

Sir Radfordin 10:16 24 Jun 03

Dell have a new D range out thats very good and not too expensive. May be worth having a look there. Am in the process of setting two up at work and am very happy with them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…