budget board

Madrat 21:25 08 Apr 05

Hi

I am about to build a PC for my sister on a tight budget.

Out of the following boards which one is the best.

PC Chips 848ALU with SIS 746 chipset
Mercury KVT400AX-L with Via KT400A chipset
Asrock K7VT4A+ with Via KT400A chipset

DieSse 00:32 09 Apr 05

I've used some ASRock boards, and they seemed fine. However a decent middle of the road brand, such as DFI and QDI are definately worth the small amount extra.

I've used lots of QDI motherboards and I've found them to be very stable, and extaordinarily reliable - I can't remember one failure of a QDI motherboard in probably more than 100 used - I've come across failures of just about all other makes in other systems that I've repaired.

Maybe just luck - but I have myself, and always recommend, QDI boards.

the kopite 06:31 09 Apr 05

The best buget board I have used is the elite N2u400-a at £33 a good stable little board

Longhouse 11:53 09 Apr 05

I've used several mfrs - some budget and others not so. Funny, but I've had fewer problems with the budget boards when it comes to stability!

Out of the three mfrs you mention I personaly would go for Asrock (although I don't know the indivdual boards). Built a number of machines around this mfr and they've always been stable & quick. I've also had no problems with PC Chips MoBos but have heard reports of others that have.

woodchip 12:23 09 Apr 05

I am responding to your thread on PC Chips board above

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…