Buckland

buckland 20:31 28 Oct 05

Having installed the Fax facility into my PC (XP)after reconnecting my old Modem alongside the Broadband Modem I can now successfully send and receive Faxes BUT one problem arises. My telephone rings and if it is an incoming Fax then it accepts it and stops ringing. However if it is a VOICE Caller they just get a Fax signal. I have the Number of Rings set at 4 on the Wizard. Is there any way that the Fax system can decide whether it is a Fax that is coming in or whether it is a Voice Call please. Many thanks. Buckland.

buckland 20:58 28 Oct 05

Having installed the Fax facility into my PC (XP)after reconnecting my old Modem alongside the Broadband Modem I can now successfully send and receive Faxes BUT one problem arises. My telephone rings and if it is an incoming Fax then it accepts it and stops ringing. However if it is a VOICE Caller they just get a Fax signal. I have the Number of Rings set at 4 on the Wizard. Is there any way that the Fax system can decide whether it is a Fax that is coming in or whether it is a Voice Call please. Many thanks. Buckland

Jackcoms 21:00 28 Oct 05

I don't use the XP fax facility but I do use a similar program - BVRP's Phone Tools.

Within the configuration you have the option to set incoming calls to voice/fax or fax only.

Might it be the same in the XP Fax program?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…