Bubblejet cartridges won't work!

scorpio34 20:08 31 Jan 04

I've recently replaced the cartridges on my Epson stylus c70 plus. After a short while the colours began to print irregularly giving poor colour and then fading completely. Now the black has gone as well.

I've gone through the head cleaning routine many times but with no result.
Any suggestions?

pharte 20:17 31 Jan 04

are the replacements genuine or cheaper replacements, the genuine ones are chipped so the printer recognises them and all is fine but if you use another brand you should get a message saying the printer may not work correctly.
Believe me when I say this is exactly the case, some cheaper brands use a chip to fool the printer into thinking it is genuine and everything works fine.

1st suggestion, try replacing with genuine brands then see if problem persists.

scorpio34 20:23 31 Jan 04

You are right about the cheaper cartridges, but i've used them before and they work.
They started to work this time but the ink is just not coming out. The ink status monitor seems happy with them and shows that they are all about three quarters full

johnem 23:18 31 Jan 04

Scorpio, I know it might sound stupid but, have you tried treating the ink cartridges to a gentle "steaming". Be carefull that you don't get scalded. Not really suggesting that you immerse the cartridge in hot water, but if you are very careful and then dry the cartridges thoroughly before testing. I have had to do this on occassions if the ink "dries up". Sometimes works, but be carefull, water and electric et al.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…