BT/Yahoo stops my home page.

Farleyjim 14:25 16 Nov 04

Does anybody know how to stop BT/Yahoo stopping me from displaying BBC as my home page. I've done all the usual things but each time I log on I get the Yahoo home page(which I don't like). Even when I click on "Would you like this as your home page?" on the BBC website it makes no difference. I think I may change my ISP because I resent having to pay £1:50 extra for Outlook Express. Am I the only one who feels like this?

jimv7 14:35 16 Nov 04

In explorer, goto tools/internet options, type the address of the page you wish as home, click apply then ok.

Farleyjim 14:40 16 Nov 04

That's the problem--however many times I do that it makes no difference.

uisge dorch 14:43 16 Nov 04

Are you using the BT Yahoo browser or another browser?

LJC 14:51 16 Nov 04

I also had this problem with BT/Yahoo broadband. If you use the BT Broadband icon to start your browser it will start at the BT Yahoo home page. If you use the internet explorer icon instead, you will go to the home page you have selected under internet options.

Farleyjim 15:55 16 Nov 04

I have been trying out different ISPs before abandoning BT/Yahoo dialup(cannot get Broadband where I live) and was fine using Onetel and Beeb but last week I was foolhardy enough to try Tesco.net. It looked like a good package at first but it "took over" my computer and now despite uninstalling it I cannot use my Internet Explorer icon as you suggest, LJC. All I get now when I try this is "cannot display this page". Any further ideas gratefully received.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…