Bt.Yahoo Security Alert and Certificate.Help plse

Kase 17:20 19 Mar 05

Before I can log in or view the Bt.Yahoo Home Page via a Broadband connection I am being asked to give authority to a cetificate issued to pclick.europe.yahoo.com
Issued by: Secure Server Certification Authority valid from 19/03/2003 to 18/03/2005. ! The Security Certificate has expired or is not yet valid. I have not changed any security settings in IE or any other location on my system. Any ideas to remove this Alert Box would be appreciated.

dogbreath1 17:43 19 Mar 05

On the rare occasion that I access my web based email client, I now get the same message. Ignore it.

Hamada san 20:52 19 Mar 05

Same here, ignored it,
Hamada san

pc moron 22:28 19 Mar 05

I'm with BTYahoo! and when I login I don't get the message you describe- I don't use the BTYahoo! Browser.

Have a look at the link below, the "click here" doesn't work, so just copy and paste the URL "click here > to opt-out" into the Address bar- that might sort it.

pc moron 22:31 19 Mar 05

URL http: //pclick.europe.yahoo.com/p?optout/lng=uk/ > to opt-out.

Remove the space between http: and //

click here

jg1990 22:40 19 Mar 05

just ignore it. It's on BT Yahoo's end. Basically, their secure server certificate has expired so at some point they need to get a new one from the relevant authority.

pc moron 22:53 19 Mar 05

I don't see the message- why not?

Presumably, we're all logging onto the same secure server- BT central plus.

jg1990 23:04 19 Mar 05

I just had a quick look at the site and it appears that they have installed a new certificate, thats why it's not appearing anymore.

Kase 23:21 19 Mar 05

Since posting this thread I have contacted Bt Yahoo via "contact use" and received an electronic reply!!. If they came back to me with a human reply I will keep you all informed of the content.

Kase

Kase 16:14 20 Mar 05

Still awaiting a human reply from Bt Yahoo but the request for a certificate has today not appeared when requested to log on.

Kase 12:00 22 Mar 05

Reply from Bt. Yahhoo aware of problem. This should now have been fixed. Time: Tue: 22 Mar 2005
11:14:48 GMT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…