bt/yahoo pc crashing

johnnyrocker 20:12 25 Feb 04

pc running win 98se recently signed up for bt yahoo dial up surftime, 2 problems 1.when logging in to bt/y it hangs and if it does go in it hangs and goes nowhere, 2. if any attempt is made to use explorer the pc bsod and one has to press any key etc, a question is can one use explorer or does one have to use the bt/yahoo to browse.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 23:41 25 Feb 04

no one?

johnny.

Gandalph 23:59 25 Feb 04

Yes, you can use IE OK. I use IE6 and have never had any problems with it. I don't use the BT/Yahoo dialer to connect with them though. I use turnpike connect. I will disconnect now and try the BT/Yahoo dialer and see if there is any problems, I will get back to you as soon as poss.

Gandalph 00:13 26 Feb 04

No problems with it at my end. I got straight in and signed on and I am using the BT/Yahoo browser now. The only thing I can suggest is to un-install the BT/Yahoo connect program and re-download it and set it up again and give it another go. My son had a similar sort of problem when he signed up with them and that is how he got round it. Also, make sure there is no AV program running when you download. Hope this helps.

johnnyrocker 08:59 26 Feb 04

thanks g very helpul will try that, any takers on the bsod when trying to access explorer? done defrag and thorough scan disk in safe mode.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…