BTYAHOO MAIL wont answer phone to reset my pasword

SANAP 20:10 06 Dec 07

I am trying to get in touch with BTYAHOO EMAIL helpdesk but have been left ahnging on now on the phone for ages and its a premium line from ireland. They have suspended my account even though their last email said I had until january 2008 to opt out or sign up for a premium service. I have PW'S on that account that I need.

Are they really this bad?

any alternative number?/

help desperate

sanap

SANAP 20:19 06 Dec 07

I am still hanging on???

sanap

p;3 20:32 06 Dec 07

try

0800 800 060 ?

SANAP 20:45 06 Dec 07

thanks for reply but I am in ireland(southern) working away from uk so no uk number. I used bt email for uk purposes.

I ahd to give up as no one would answer, supposed to be open from 8pm to midnight!! and i have to go for an op on my eye in the morning.

i'll try a bit later but i think when oneselcets reset PW you are put into limmbo, call has probably cost me the cost of 1 years sub to premium mail.

Methinks I'll be leaving BT with a bad taste/

sanap

Trippy 23:10 06 Dec 07

I am in the same situation, I think they must be purgeing PAYG accounts. Having just held on the phone for 89 mins before the line went dead I am sick of listening to "your call is important to us ...." and over £4 out of pocket without the problem being resolved.
There is obviously a high number of people in the same situation. I have raised the issue via the web interface and have been promised a reply in 24 hours. I will keep you posted! Good old BT why did they shoot Busby!

dan111 23:39 06 Dec 07

if you want sales:-(

A friend moved into the area and wanted to enable the phone socket in the house. His previous house had no phone line. I said I would ring up and inquire on the cost of activating the line and get things going, so he could have broadband.

You have guessed it, over a hour and a half on
"your call is important to us ...."
then the phone goes dead.

What a way to run a company. No matter what phone number you ring, you just can't get through.:(

SarahPussycat 03:06 07 Dec 07

I'm having exactly the same problem at the moment. It's worrying me as I recently made a couple of rather expensive transactions that I can only access the details through my email!
I recently changed ISP, and received an email that I need to upgrade to premium mail before January 2008. As it's only December, I'm a bit confused!
I just spent £6 trying to get through on the helpline - listening to "your call is important to us and is moving up the queue" .

I have contacted Yahoo via an old account, and am still awaiting response. I'll keep checking in here too in case anyone's heard anything!

SANAP 12:58 07 Dec 07

I used BT as I thought it would be a bit more secure!! I am still waiting for a reply. I am in deep trouble as I used that email for lots of things.

Its a relief in some way to know I am not the only one but no consolation for others. I am going to have a big re-think on what email I use from here on in.

Very disappointed with BT as it shows a total diSregard for the customers and then you read all the things they are putting place to improve cs. Its the pure helpnessess I feel that really grates. Only one phone number and no one answering.

I wish PC ADVISOR would take up the cudgels. All I want is a PW reset and it is now approaching 2 days since the email account was suspended and no contact with a person in BT.

Thanks for replies.

sanap

p;3 14:48 07 Dec 07

can you clarify a bit?
are you on dial up or broadband;
do you the web page to send your emails or Outlook express?
what type of account WITH BT?

johnnyrocker 14:50 07 Dec 07

this thread should be closed to avoid confusion.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…