bt.yahoo mail

Ikelos 15:46 08 Feb 12

hi all, I have just set up a new email account with BT, all works ok, but, in front of the address, for example.

we have joe bloggs.. chickenhouse@ bt............

how can i get rid of the joe bloggs bit, so it just leaves the email address.

thanks

northumbria61 16:23 08 Feb 12

You can create an extra four or ten sub-accounts depending on which BT Total Broadband Option you have. This means that as well as creating a sub-account for other people at home, you can create new sub-accounts for yourself.

enter link description here

Ikelos 17:17 08 Feb 12

hello

it is a sub account I am having trouble with, it has my name before the address, so when I send it, it come up as joe bloggs before the address.

i want to get rid of the name in front of the address,

so it just reads *@btopenworld.com

northumbria61 18:43 08 Feb 12

Can you not just delete the sub account? enter link description here

northumbria61 18:47 08 Feb 12

More here enter link description here Note: You won't delete your MAIN account by doing this.

Ikelos 18:47 08 Feb 12

hi. i want to keep the sub account, it has my name on it before the email address, I want to get rid of my name. thanks all

northumbria61 18:53 08 Feb 12

Try this - 1. Click Options in the upper-right corner of your Yahoo! Mail page. 2. Under “Management”, click General Preferences. 3. Right at the top, in the “From name:” type in the name you want to show. 4. Click Save to put your new settings into effect.

NOTE: for 3 OMIT your name before the @

Ikelos 19:05 08 Feb 12

hi again....right i will reword it, I want to change the

"sending name"

thanks

northumbria61 19:10 08 Feb 12

Hope this helps (changing the sender's name) enter link description here

Ikelos 19:24 08 Feb 12

hi.. good grief, you have got it, nice one....all sorted.

thanks

northumbria61 19:28 08 Feb 12

Yes, we got there in the end - nothing like persevering! I did think that just omitting your name before the @ would have sorted it but obviously not. Great news.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…