BT/Yahoo mail

gfergie 23 Sep 11

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the latest BT/Yahoo mail programme and go back to plain old Outlook Express. This BT/Yahoo programme is rubbish and has a mind of its own.

Nontek 23 Sep 11

Go to Start>Set Program Access and Defaults>Custom and make Outlook Express your default email program. At least that is for XP, adjust as needed for Vista or Win7 etc.

gfergie 23 Sep 11

Hello Nontek

Thats ok but I get the dial up window come up trying to connect and I am using an ADSL Router so how do I get rid of the persistant TRYING TO CONNECT notices.

Nontek 23 Sep 11

In I.E. got to Tools>Internet Options>Connections and make sure that Never dial a connection is checked.

Sea Urchin 23 Sep 11

You cannot use Outlook Express on Vista or Windows 7 - their equivalent program is Windows Mail.

Secret-Squirrel 24 Sep 11

"but I get the dial up window come up trying to connect and I am using an ADSL Router so how do I get rid of the persistant TRYING TO CONNECT notices."

Outlook Express uses its own connection settings and it sounds like it's been set to connect using an old dial-up account - try this:

Click OE's "Tools" menu -> Accounts -> "Mail" tab. Highlight the relevant mail account -> "Properties" button -> "Connection" tab. Finally, untick the "Always connect to this account using" option then click the "Apply" button. Do the same for any other OE mail accounts you might have.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message