BTYahoo browser- anyone have any issues with it?

wots it all about 18:55 17 Oct 05

I am getting increasingly fedup with btyahoo's browser, it has intermittent script errors, sometimes it wont show the page (will if i change to IE) and keeps generally misbehaving. I have upgraded recently, but when it crashes and I opt to send a report to microsoft, their solution is to obtain an upgrade....
does anyone else have any problems, I am thinking of changing ISP's over it.

Zurdo 19:01 17 Oct 05

Why not do as I do and not use the damn thing. I log on to BTYahoo and close their browser and use Firefox and IE thereafter. I also never use their so called 'help' software after having difficulties with it. Having said that my Yahoo browser does actually seem to work OK.

splork 19:02 17 Oct 05

Try using Firefox for browsing instead. click here
It will import all your favourites etc.

If that works reliably, it's a problem with your Internet Explorer installation - BT/Yahoo just add a toolbar and a few graphics if I recall.

splork 19:02 17 Oct 05

Didn't realise they have their own AOL ?

wots it all about 19:16 17 Oct 05

Well I suppose they dont really have their own you say, it is just some extra icons and bits and pieces, but it just keeps playing up,I have followed lots of threads to "fix" IE, and it hasn't really helped. Sometimes I can't send emails, I have to revert to IE then they will go, etc etc .I think I will try Firefox after all, many thanks for that!

TonyV 19:34 17 Oct 05

I am with BTYahoo!, but I do not use their Browser, which as you say, is a hybrid of IE. I use IE6 and have no trouble logging in or using it. These customised Browsers are all the same, they all seem to have some problems. Try Deleting the BT Browser, then set IE up to do the same thing!

TonyV 19:38 17 Oct 05

Incidentally, I use the BTYahoo! home page system as my home page, and that gives me a lot of the bells and whistles that were with the BT Browser. It works fine for me and I can add or subtract detail that I call up in my Home Page.

PC Bilbo 19:38 17 Oct 05

Have you downloaded all recent updates to I.E.6?

It,s all very well changing to Firefox (I use that as well) but some things will only download properly in it's best to sort this out as well.

Ah maybe I misread.If it's only BT's site playing up
why not make something else your home page in I.E..?

woofwoofbark 20:00 17 Oct 05

Ive used BT Yahoo! Browser for quite sometime now and have never had any issues to speak of and even after the upgrade (which makes it easier to get around and looks ok) things are running just fine.

here is the version I am using ...

Bt Yahoo! Browser
Product version :-
File version 2005.05.17.11
Bt Yahoo! Broadband version 2.01
Internet Explorer :- 6.0.2900.2180

to check it against yours click Help> About Browser...

wots it all about 22:51 17 Oct 05

I have just reinstalled the thing and it hasn't helped. I have the same version as beemerman, thank you for that. If I delete it (the best way?add/remove progs? in which case is it just the browser needs deleting?)could I still have access to Launchcast radio? I do like that!
And also, where would be the best place to get an IE update then? My version is 6.0.2900.2180 sp2, if that makes any sense!

wots it all about 22:54 17 Oct 05

P.S. my pc is up to date via the windows update site, so I suppose it has the latest version and patches then?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…