btyahoo broswer and java script

BJ 07:46 17 Feb 04

Ok, btopenworld upgraded my account to btyahoo, so I download the new browser and installed. All seemed well until I tried to open my email through the new browser. Up popped a message that java script was not installed on my PC.Well java script is installed.

So off I went to the java.com web site using IE 6 as my browser and not the new btyahoo browser and ran the test there to see if java was working, you guessed it all was fine.

Now if I access the java site via btyahoo browser then it says that jva is not working correctly. So there seems to be aaproblem with btyhaoo browser as java works in IE6 ok on same manchine.Spo I uninstaleed the btyahoo broswser and my PC ran ok using IE6 only.

I contacted btyahoo tech support, a very big mistake. They could not help, so rang back next day, still no help. to cut a long story short on the 5 return call a tech support guy got me to re install btyahoo browser and change a few settings on PC. On rebooting PC dskchk ran and froze at 44%, Pc would not reboot.The only way to rebbot was to cancel dskchk (btw I'm running win XP pro + all updates from windows update site).

The tech support guy said that the changes he had made and their browser where not the problem.Well all worked fine before the suggested changes and the reinstall of btyahoo broswer. He ended the 2 hour call by saying he would talk to the engineers about this problem, now I've had return call saying they can't give me an answer to why java script works in IE6 and not btyahoo browser on same PC. I can have both browser windows open on screen with java running in IE6 and not in btyahoo.

After ealy distorying my installation of XP and offering no help I had to format my HD and reinstall win Xp pro.

Anyone any ideas why java works in one broswer and not the other, or is it just untested browser btyahoo have released and the poor customer has to suffer if it does not work.

Bj

Diodorus Siculus 08:36 17 Feb 04

Maybe you need to install the java runtime enviornment after installing the BTYahoo browser.

User-312386 08:38 17 Feb 04

click here and then click on the click on the free download

BJ 16:09 17 Feb 04

thanks for the replies, but I've reinstall java after the bt broswer but same problem and madboy33 thats the site that I used to test my java installation.

The problem is java is installed and working with IE6 but does not work with btyahoo broswer on same PC.

Bj

Diodorus Siculus 16:24 17 Feb 04

I would just ask then if you need to use the BTyahoo broswer; why not simply go with an alternative - IE as it seems to work for you, or MozillaFirebird which is my favourite click here

User-312386 22:17 17 Feb 04

you may have to install the JV beta version click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…