bt.yahoo

Lillylou 12:41 01 Apr 04

I have BT Openworld and have been told by BT that I now have to change to bt.yahoo and install their software which I have ordered on CD. Has anyone else had this, I don't like the look of bt.yahoo it looks like a kiddies website and trying to find my web mail which I never used on Openworld is a nightmare.

edstowe 13:14 01 Apr 04

I've had this BTYahoo thing for ages. I just ignore it and carry on as before.

Just because they say to have to install it doesn't mean you have to use it, despite what they try and tell you.

€d

Lionheart ? 14:57 01 Apr 04

I just make use of the BTYahoo Spam filter.

edstowe 15:04 01 Apr 04

Err, yes. So do I but that is all!

Remember, though, that the spam filtering is not 100% efficient and you still should use Mailwasher or ePrompter or simialr to catch the ones that get through the net.

€d

Lionheart ? 17:54 06 Apr 04

Err, use ePrompter to catch the ones that get through.

hoverman 18:08 06 Apr 04

It has been said several times in this Forum - it is NOT compulsary to install the BT/Yahoo software. This was confirmed to me by BT Support some time ago.

Simsy 18:17 06 Apr 04
  MIke 18:25 06 Apr 04

I did install the BT Yahoo software but soon got rid of it as I didn't like the way it worked.

I'm using good old IE 6.

You can however set your homepage to click here
Which is much nicer than the old btopenworld .com page, it can be customised to,for example, include contents of your btyahoo briefcase and give direct access to your e-mail.

In other words a sort of diluted version of their own browser running on IE

Mike

flick 18:41 06 Apr 04

It's also woth notingif you use Outlook Express, that the spam filter sometimes puts emails you actually want into the bulk mail folder which you can only access via Yahoo mail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…