BTWholesale access circuit

shellship 17:57 24 Aug 06

From yesterday (Wednesday) I cannot access an online banking service that I have successfully used for years. Trying to access it either from My Favourites or via Google brings me to the following:

BT SERVICE INFORMATION

You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your browser and Internet applications before attempting to reconnect.

The BTWholesale access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down.
Your service should be resumed soon.
Or
You are testing your local connection to BT using
[email protected]_domain’
Or
You are testing your connection to your Service Provider using [email protected] where domain is your Service Provider domain name.
Or
Your Service Provider is currently unable to accept your connection request please wait until service is restored or contact your Service Provider for further information.
Or
You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain.

All other accesses are fine. Has anyone else found this one, please. My wife found another site that she frequently uses (from her own computer which is networked with mine via a wireless router) being blocked in this way.

Gongoozler 18:03 24 Aug 06

It looks like this could be caused by BT doing maintenance work on the line click here

Meshuga 18:05 24 Aug 06

Hi shellship, I had this a couple of days ago and it turned out to be a power outage at a server supplied by BT. A couple of days later it was back in service. Try again periodically.

shellship 18:09 24 Aug 06

Thanks, both of you. We'll just be patient. Still can't understand why we can access almost everywhere else (including the Fab PCA forum).

Will not yet tick this as resolved in case anyone else wishes to contribute.

Meshuga 18:30 24 Aug 06

shellship, the reason you can access elsewhere is probably because those you can access are supplied by a different server to the one that is down. Regards.

shellship 17:18 27 Aug 06

Curiouser and curiouser said Alice. We still have the same problem but last night I tried on a friend's computer in a different area with a different ISP and accessed all the sites that I could not access from home. My ISP, Entanet, has no problems, apparently,according to their site, but I have emailed them to see if they can throw any light on this one.

shellship 13:53 28 Aug 06

Contacted my local computer guru who said "This is usually a BT local exchange loop problem (unrelated to any ISP). Simply switch the router off, wait 20 minutes, switch back on."

I did and eureka, all back to normal. This may be helpful to anyone who has this problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…