BTWebcontrol, Trojan??

tristar 14:29 28 Jan 06

I've just run the MSAntispyware programme, and it's come up with a warning, 'BTWebControl' Trojan.

Now, I use BT as my ISP, is this 'Trojan' just my internet connection - or is it something more sinister?
Would appreciate advice.

tristar

stalion 14:55 28 Jan 06

download hijack this to it's own folder,run it and post your log on the malaware forum
click here
click here

tristar 18:52 28 Jan 06

Thanks stalion; according to a google search it IS a trojan. I've quarantined it using the MSantispyware which recommends removal. Is it safe, do you think, to let the MS programme remove it? It seems the easiest way.

I've downloaded hijackthis and will post a copy of the log to the malaware forum.
Er, where is the malaware forum?

Thank you for your help.

tristar

rsinbad 19:05 28 Jan 06

post hijack log to stalions second link

tristar 19:12 28 Jan 06

Thank you.

beevale 08:50 01 Feb 06

I also quarantined this item then contacted BT helpdesk who assure me that the btwebcontrol.exe is part of the broadband system and should NOT be deleted. Return to your anti-spyware system and unquarantine this item. OK! You can program the spyware to ignore this as it is not a threat to your system .

tristar 19:20 01 Feb 06

Thank you, beevale, for the info. I'm still awaiting a reply from BT tech.
But I feel better knowing that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…