BT's Software

Rossi#1 21:17 10 Jan 07

Ive been clearing up a friends PC getting rid of unnecessary programs. Ive just installed FF and T-Bird and Im wondering if I can remove all the BT stuff.
I use BT too but with a D-Link router so told them not to bother with their CD. She has a BT Voyager 205 modem though so would I have to find a driver for?

Technotiger 21:21 10 Jan 07

Are you saying your friends pc is not on-line then, but that she now wants to have broadband? if so I believe the BT Broadband CD is available free at most Post Offices.

Rossi#1 21:28 10 Jan 07

No she is on line but like me finds the software a waste of time. I dont want to remove it though and lose the internet connection if a driver for the modem is needed and part of the software.
Im thinking about the Router Manager. Is that the driver or can I just uninstall everything and connect manually like I did with my own?

Rossi#1 21:33 10 Jan 07

Its ok, I think Ive found the answer. Apparently the modem doesnt need a driver.

i reset my pc as i had a problem and left all the bt yahoo stuff out, works fine! bt home hub

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…