BT's Midband

Goldcroft 14:01 20 Mar 03

Could anyone give me please, or direct me to where I can find, info on the above which is the subject of the poll. By the questions am I right in guessing that you could get it in areas where broadband is not available?

wetterfugal™ 14:16 20 Mar 03
  wetterfugal™ 14:17 20 Mar 03

What better place to go but to BT.COM

wetterfugal™ 14:33 20 Mar 03

More info? click here

Goldcroft 16:13 20 Mar 03

Thanks wetterfugal. Does seem a bit expensive at £25 per month, bearing in mind full broadband subs, plus £80 to alter the line, but for people like me, unable to get broadband proper, it may be a good temporary solution. Apart from anything else, the prospect of another line is tempting.

Would be grateful to have other forum members' opinions.

tenor 16:20 20 Mar 03

Doesnt seem to be unmetered?If you have to pay call charges as well its a rippoff!

tenor 16:32 20 Mar 03

read it again.if you surf in the daytime,you pay.B.T.lift your leg again!Here in spain we get 256k always on for about the same(38 €)

Goldcroft 16:51 20 Mar 03

I'll go back to the BT site and check, but the poll definitely says "unmetered".

Goldcroft 17:00 20 Mar 03

Do believe you are correct Tenor. The info on the BT site seems comprehensive but is not utterly clear - to my limited brain for a start.

tenor 17:03 20 Mar 03

Yes.What does "always on e mail notification"mean?

kingkenny 17:13 20 Mar 03

The term Broadband takes on a whole new meaning when you look at the Japanese version.

They get Broadband connection with a rate of 12Mbps for only the equivalent of £14!!!

We get 1/24th of that speed for £27 a month!

Why are we always so far behind?

Shouldn't even mention Korea, it'd be to depressing!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…