BThome hub

iarno 20:47 01 Jan 09

I'm trying to get into my home hub to alter the telephone ringing on the lanline phone. Everytime I put in my 'user' and 'password' press enter I get this message; HTTP/1.0 401 Authorization Required. I have done a reset of hub but still the same message.
I have XP Home SP2.
Anyone know of this or knows a cure. I have done a system restore and still the same.

I.

Technotiger 21:56 01 Jan 09
  iarno 22:05 01 Jan 09

Technotiger
Cheers, Will have a look later just going for a bite to eat.

I.

bobbybowls 22:19 01 Jan 09

when you say reset, do you mean pushing the reset button on the hub. or a factory reset, by inserting a pin into the hole.

iarno 23:55 01 Jan 09

Technotiger
Thanks for the link. Read through No2 on the list and reset hub again and this time it worked. Dont know what I did wrong befor.
bobbybowls.
I have the original hub v.1 to reset you hold down wireless associasion button on the back for 15 secs release it and then wait until all lights are steady.
I then went into the hub manager and reset the password. Then clicked on advance and typed in admin as the user name and then the password I had just created. hey presto I was in and able to do the alterations I wanted.

Thanks Technotiger for the link I can now settle down and enjoy the rest of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Off to have a whiskey and then to bed.

I.

Technotiger 09:13 02 Jan 09

Grreat, thanks for your feedback.

T0SH 10:37 02 Jan 09

Sometime in the last year or so all of the older BT home hubs were updated to change the default advanced password from admin ,to your home hub serial number as password, during this process you were prompted to change the serial number password to another one of your choice if you so desired

I thought this may help explain the password change :¬)

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…