BT yahoo and wireless or any connection

hgrock 10:14 06 Aug 05

i have bt broadband 2mb with a wirelesss router, the router is pluged into the first bt plug into the house. i have 3 other phone sockets but it would not work from any of them i get max signal but no broadband.
also on the only plug where it would work i can only get the wireless signal in that room nowhere else in the house, strange
any ideas folks

Taff36 10:28 06 Aug 05

Which wireless router? If you have a signal in the one room only it could be because of the structure of the walls, floors and ceilings. Are they solid brick or stud walls? Is there any other electrical equipment near the router? (A microwave or a DECT Digital telephone for example)

Have you configured the router at all?

hgrock 11:37 06 Aug 05

the walls 1 bricl wall open corridor notheng bou a cordless phone, when plugled into anyother socket no broadband signal

hgrock 11:41 06 Aug 05

the router is not conecced to any pc , just pluged into a phone socket and a power suply

Taff36 13:03 06 Aug 05

Have you put a filter on the phones and the router? click here for diagrams. You haven`t told us which router yet.

hgrock 16:31 07 Aug 05

Bt Voyager 2100 Wireless ADSL router, and there are filters on all the phone sockets, bearing in mind the adsl signal can only be had from one telephone plug

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…