bt yahoo smtp authetication

dp464 18:13 05 May 05

I have recieved a message from bt yahoo about my outgoing email. they state it needs to have the box ticked for authentication. i have seen other similar problems , but have tried all the suggested responses, with no joy. yahoo have now blocked any outgoing emails, so i can't even email them for help, they can only be contacted via premium rate line. my smpt was mail.btinternet.com, my email provider waitrose.com say I need a bt smtp, but broadband say they do not provide smtp for emails.
any suggestions welcome

duncan

davidg_richmond 19:44 05 May 05

Hi, need a little more information. What email program do you use - e.g. Outlook or Outlook Express? You mention that your email is BT Yahoo, then say your provider is Waitrose - what is the email address you are trying to send from? Just give us whatever is after the @ sign so we know which service to use.

In outlook express:
Important: The Yahoo! Mail SMTP server now requires authentication. To turn this setting on:

From the Tools menu, choose "Accounts."
Select the "Mail" tab.
Double-click the account labeled "pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk."
Select the "Servers" tab.
Check the box next to "My Server Requires Authentication."
Click "OK."

In Outlook:
Important: The Yahoo! Mail SMTP server now requires authentication. To turn this setting on, follow these steps:

From the Tools menu, choose "Accounts."
Select the "Mail" tab.
Select your Yahoo! Mail account and click "Properties."
Click on the "Servers" tab.
Check the box next to "My Server Requires Authentication."
Please make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is NOT checked.
Click "OK."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced