BT Yahoo Pop-up Blocker

buggles 14:36 11 Feb 06

I have discovered a wierd anomaly with the BT Yahoo browser Pop-up blocker. When I sign on with my user id to Windows XP Prof. the icon in the toolbar at the top says the pop-up blocker is off whereas everywhere else it says it's on. Also under the 'Tools' menu there is no option for the Pop-up blocker. If I sign on to Windows XP as another user, the option for Pop-up blocker is shown in the Tools menu and the icon displays correctly. As far as I know I only have one installation of this software and cannot understand why a core menu item should be missing for just one user. Although it is not a serious problem the software behaving like this, being new to XP, it is bugging me that I don't understand why. Mind you, the BT Yahoo helpdesk doesn't understand either. Can any one shed any light on the matter. Thank you.

igk 15:06 11 Feb 06

If you are running with SP2 there may be a conflict with its own popup blocker,try disabling the sp2 one and see if that solves the problem..
Hope this helps..

buggles 15:50 11 Feb 06

Thank you. I have tried this but I think that the BT Yahoo browser is a front end for IE functionality and actually uses the IE Pop-up blocker to achieve its ends. Interestingly though switching the Pop-up blocker on and off in the BT Yahoo browser does not seem to be refelected in IE. It's almost as though the link has been lost. I do run a program called Registry Mechanic from time to time and I wonder if some registry entry has been deleted at some point breaking the link.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos