BT Yahoo Mail - Spell Checker

dewskit 10:27 21 Jan 09

Dell Dimension 9150 running XP Home

For some reason, when asked to spellcheck an email before sending, I am no longer seeing the incorrect words underlined in red.
However, if I hold the mouse cursor over a mis-spelled word, the alternatives are shown.

Not sure whether this has come about as a result my entering the world of Accessibility (I am having problems with reading small print) or due to installing SP3.

Has anyone else come across this, or can anyone make a suggestion

Thanks

Tony

dewskit 22:01 21 Jan 09

bump

Cymro. 14:46 22 Jan 09

At the top of the BT Yahoo Mail screen there is a choice of using the older "Classic" version or the newer BT Yahoo Mail. Try changing from one to the other to see if one works better.

You could also try downloading the whole BT Yahoo package again. Go to "My Account" again at the top of the page and follow the links to download the BT Software.

You can download it on top of the one you have now or clean install it. To clean install you would have to remove the BT package from your Add Remove Programs.

When I did this I kept address for the BT download on another browser so that I did not loose the way to the BT download site.

dewskit 17:24 26 Jan 09

Cymro

Thanks for you posting and please accept my apologies for not coming back soon - I have spent the past four days in bed with 'flu!

I tried reverting to the BT Browser Classic version and yes, the spell check works correctly there. Next thing will be to try downloading the BT package again and see if it gets the updated version working.

Many thanks for you help

dewskit 10:18 27 Jan 09

Having attempted to reinstall the BT Yahoo software without success, I contacted BT help and have just finished a session with their technical assistance taking control of my computer.

I have now been informed that support for the current 'new' BT Yahoo browser has ceased, and I should have received an email to that effect.

An updated version is under development.

Cymro. 14:05 27 Jan 09

Glad you were able to sot it out with the BT Helpline. They are not always so successful unfortunately.

I have also not received any Emails about the new BT Yahoo Browser unless they ended up in my spam folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple