BT Yahoo! Home Page...

TonyV 15:48 01 Dec 07

It is some time since I asked a question on the vagaries of this home page click here.

I have been in constant communication with BT Broadband and the Yahoo! Server people, but am still waiting for a meaningful response from them. This has been going on since August when they foisted the "new" improved home page on us.

Is there anyone out there who is also with BT and has their home page who can try a little test for me please? On the home page there is a link "Personalise this Page". Can you click on this then Add Module, then Business & Finance, then see what you get when you click on the London Market News. My problem is that it has never been refreshed and is showing the last update as 2 months ago. In fact it is the 11th September.

I have had all manner of excuses as to why this is so, but no answer as to how or when they will get the problem resolved. Your check will show whether it is my machine that is causing the problem or that it does, indeed, rest with BT/BT Broadband/Yahoo!

Many thanks

TonyV

p;3 16:03 01 Dec 07

I am with BT; I seldom use their home page and you do know you do not have to use it? ; why not try using a NON bt page as your home page and merely add the thing you wish as a 'favourite'?

Bagsey 16:07 01 Dec 07

Hi Tony I have tried as you suggested and get exactly the same as you.Last update 2 months ago.
Hope that helps.

p;3 16:09 01 Dec 07

did that to try it; mine too says '2 months ago '

so it is not you; and I refreshed and checked my pop up blocker and firewall to adjust for it

does that help?

Cockney Rebel 16:10 01 Dec 07

Hi,
I have the same homepage as yourself and am unable to use the "Personalise" button.When I attempt to do so all that happens is a message appears on the bottom left hand corner "javascript void"This occurred the first time they changed the page.I contacted the"overseas" help desk and the problem was resolved for a short while but has since appeared again and remained so.I think you,ll find the problem is with BT/Yahoo not your own pc.

p;3 16:38 01 Dec 07

ps; you MAY have to see if tweeking your pop up blocker or firewall produces any difference?

TonyV 17:46 01 Dec 07

Thanks for your trouble in checking that page. As has been said, it appears not to be me that is at fault!

Cockney Rebel, You might find if you reduce your privacy settings one notch, the personalise link may well help.

I'll still keep pestering BT Broadband and see if they can come up with an answer, though I think it would be unwise to hold my breath!

Incidentally, one of the responses was that they are bringing out another New Home Page in the first or second quarter of 2008! Wow!!

Thanks fellas,

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5