BT Yahoo E-Mail and btinternet.com

Border View 11:20 AM 03 May 13
Answered

I have received an e-mail from BT regarding important changes to your BT email terms. To keep my BT email I must log on at least once every 150 days at bt.yahoo.com. I am with BT my email address ends btinternet.com and I use it every day via Windows Live Mail.

Can anyone please explain where on earth bt.yahoo.com comes into the equation. They are telling me that if I dont log on before 17th June at bt.yahoo.com they will cancel my e-mail account.

I have tried navigating BTs web site to find the answer and its a nightmare in there.

Please help clarify this matter.

northumbria61 11:30 AM 03 May 13

Don't Panic - just take a look here enter link description here

Border View 11:47 AM 03 May 13

Thanks for that Northumbria61. However that is all about BTYahoo email. I don't use BTYahoo email. I have btinternet.com e-mail address which is set up to open send and receive via Windows Live Mail. I don't want anything to do with BTYahoo email.

Jollyjohn 12:00 PM 03 May 13

Sadly you have everything to do with BT Yahoo! It is part of the BT e-mail system. However you do not need to use BT Yahoo.

BT Yahoo is the web access to your e-mail account. If you were away from your PC and wanted to check your e-mails you could go online, go to the BT Yahoo sign in page, type in your btinternet.com e-mail address and password and you will connect directly to the server where you could access your e-mails, send, reply and delete as needed.

I would suggest you try logging in once - NOT by following any links in the e-mail - but search in Internet explorer for BT Yahoo.

You don't mention if BT is your internet service provider. If you do not use BT as your isp, your btinternet e-mail is referred to as a PAYG address and will need to be used to keep it live.

PLease be careful of following any links in e-mails from BT Yahoo, there are a couple of scam e-mails circulating that upset your e-mail, I have just sorted a couple of these issues.

Border View 14:11 PM 03 May 13
Answer

Many thanks for responding Jollyjohn. Your explanation puts everything into context and I am grateful. BT is my ISP. Its handy to know about accessing Yahoo when we are away and using mobile broadband.

Again thank you for the information you provided.

wee eddie 23:09 PM 06 May 13

I have 3 relevant addresses: btopenworld.com, btinternet.com and yahoo.co.uk.

I use the first and the last regularly, but not the btinternet.com one, but it is the address that my ISP is connected too.

I am now more confused than ever.

Where do you think I stand?

Jollyjohn 08:16 AM 07 May 13

The 3 addresses are all the same account. The btinternet.com is the master address. If you go to BT Yahoo you would use that one to log in should you need to.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites