BT Yahoo continually requesting User Name and Passowrd

compumac 11:56 22 Dec 13

For my sins I use BT Yahoo Mail and over the past week or so, after accessing my e-mails and leaving them showing on the screen, I am continually being requested to re-enter my user name and password and on many occasions, despite entering those same details it will not allow me back in until I have tried several times.

The dialogue box asking to "keep me logged in" (or similar) does not always appear, and even if it does, it makes no difference.

I used to leave my Yahoo mail page open during the day without a problem and boot up the following morning and go straight into Yahoo Mail without any request for User details.

What am I missing?

lotvic 12:06 22 Dec 13

BT and Yahoo have split up, parted company, divorced and now have moved to separate mail servers.

compumac 12:24 22 Dec 13

lotvic.

Yes I know that and have BT.com as my home page and accessed my e-mail via the route as displayed without a problem until the past week or so. When I do arrive at my e-mail page and LEAVE it displayed and then return later in the day - I am requested to input my details over again and it does not always accept my input until I have tried two or three times inputting exactly the same details.

lotvic 12:58 22 Dec 13

It's not just you community.bt.com forum

compumac 13:12 22 Dec 13

lotvic.

Thanks for that link, do not know how I missed that. It would seem that perhaps there is a link with BT Desktop Help and IE11 perhaps causing the problem. I have both installed, BUT BT Desktop Help is telling me that my version of Internet Explorer is not compatible(!!!) and that I need IE6 or above????.

I will have to look further into that.

compumac 14:03 22 Dec 13

Further to my problems with e-mail logon I found that BT Desktop Help on my laptop does not function at all!!"

Then I found this:-

"If you already have BT Desktop Help installed or if you've recently installed it and you have Windows 8.1 or Internet Explorer 11, you don't need to un-install it. We'll be providing an upgrade to correct these compatibility issues. "

So it might very well be a compatibility problem causing the e-mail scenario.

lotvic 14:05 22 Dec 13

Yes, looks like it's teething problems with the new set up :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…