BT Yahoo browser - how do I clear history?

grrrr 16:55 18 Mar 06

Hi all. I'm with BT Yahoo, which has its own browser - a version of Internet Explorer 6. I cannot work out how to clear my history - anyone know how to do this? The usual way - Tools, internet options, clear history doesn't work - the clear history button is greyed out. This is really annoying as I want to protect my privacy!

ACOLYTE 17:00 18 Mar 06

How do I clear my browser cache?

It is necessary at times to clear your browser's "cache". The cache is the memory your browser uses to store content of the web pages that you visit. Storing that content lets your browser load those same pages more quickly the next time you visit them. Error messages such as "Document Contains No Data" can be caused by the length of time it takes for your machine to reach our server, or your browser may be cacheing an older version of that page.

Before clearing your browser cache, you're advised to print this page, or make a note of the instructions below, then sign out - you can find the Sign Out link in the upper-right corner of the BT Yahoo! homepage.

Please follow the directions below:

BT Yahoo! Browser:
Click on Settings in the menu bar at the top of your browser
Select Internet Options
Under the Temporary Internet Files box, click on the Delete Files button
Click OK
Click on the Settings button
Under the section Check for newer versions of stored pages, select Every visit to the page
Click OK
Click OK
Refresh / Reload your browser

Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0:
Click on Tools in the menu bar at the top of your browser
Select Internet Options
Under the Temporary Internet Files box, click on the Delete Files button
Click OK
Click on the Settings button
Under the section Check for newer versions of stored pages, select Every visit to the page
Click OK
Click OK
Refresh / Reload your browser

Netscape 7.0:
Click on the Edit menu
Select Preferences
Click on the Advanced arrow to display the sub-categories
Click on Cache
To the right of the screen, click on the Clear Cache button
Click OK to finish

Close your browser and re-open it for the settings to take effect.

Thats what Bt Yahoo page says to do).

grrrr 17:24 18 Mar 06

Nope, that didn't work! I've just been on the phone to BT and they say THERE IS NO WAY TO CLEAR THE HISTORY!!!! Which I think is disgraceful. But thanx for your answer - even if it didn't help!

ACOLYTE 17:28 18 Mar 06

Well the phone help people contradict there own online help as thats where i got that from,lol

VoG II 17:32 18 Mar 06

Try CleanUp! click here

grrrr 18:03 18 Mar 06

Hmmmm, looks a bit worrying that it might delete system files. I'd better get some DVDs to back up my hard drive first... (yes, I know I should have done it already)

ACOLYTE 18:30 18 Mar 06

You cant or should delete any system files clearing your browser cache? its a totaly differnt thing lol.

ACOLYTE 18:31 18 Mar 06

Srry,Should read Cant or "should not" delete any system files.

Julip 18:34 18 Mar 06

If you just want to clear the history list try "Tools" then "Browser Options". There are then two boxes, "Clear URLs" and "Clear Search"

grrrr 17:45 19 Mar 06

Hi Julip! Yes I tried that - it clears stuff from the search box (ie sites you have searched for) but it doesn't clear the history...

Julip 17:48 20 Mar 06

Have you read:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5