BT Yahoo Broadbrand

Lillylou 11:09 06 Oct 03

Has anyone tried this and what is it like.

-pops- 11:18 06 Oct 03
  Morpheus© 11:56 06 Oct 03

just to add a bit, I wrote to BT about the problems, and this is one line from the email they sent back.

"We're aware of issues with the BT Yahoo"

canard 12:58 06 Oct 03

BT have this good offer of a free modem for the new BT Yahoo combo.It looks tempting. Advice please on try it or leave it?

Lillylou 14:12 06 Oct 03

Thanks for that Pops.

-pops- 14:16 06 Oct 03

It is possible by a bit of fiddling about to minimise the influence of BT/Yahoo so I would say go for it. I've had BT broadband for more than two years now and have no complaints until the alliance came up but, I've found I can ignore that!!<-))

canard 17:52 06 Oct 03

Thanks pops.

Also have had BT broadband for some time and quickly ditched the alcatel usb modem and fitted an internal ADSL pci card. I ignored all bt software, just loading adsl drivers and entered my username and password, and it works a treat.

Just out of interest, would a usb2 ADSL modem perform better than an internal pci card?

-pops- 18:23 06 Oct 03

In answer to your out of interest, doubt it. Even USB1 is loads faster than ADSL can cope with so you won't gain anything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…