BT Yahoo Broadband Upgrade for Free

peter4076 08:48 11 Feb 05

Been e-mailed this morning to inform me that my 1mb b/band will be upgraded to 2mb sometime in the next 3 weeks + a reduction by £3.00 (£4.00) if direct debit for 3 months........It's good to talk.
Question is 2mb b/band really twice as fast.

Stuartli 09:36 11 Feb 05

I've been e-mailed today by Tiscali pointing out that it is upgrading broadband speeds and cutting prices - presumably due to the new BT wholesale prices.

1MB now £15.99 (previously 512MB) and free modem and set up with all packages.

As AnyTime dialup is only a pound less and limited to 150 hours a month before extra charges apply, it seems good value.

But I'll stick to its DayTime Plus (8am to 6pm seven days a week for £7.99) as I do most of my surfing during the day.

mbp 10:24 11 Feb 05

Yes, I heard about this upgrade on the telly last night but could not find details on the web. I'll just have to wait and see. I am on 512 Khz BT-BB. BB is a fast growing area but landline telephoning is waning.

Salinger 10:48 11 Feb 05

Why search the web? You could have found it here click here

ACOLYTE 10:52 11 Feb 05

Had the same email as well,with same offer,it also mentioned the 30 gig dload limit,but no mention of when it puts into affect the limit?
i have gone way over this limit by 12gig i am not to bothered as yet about this but would be nice to know when you wil get charged for going over it,and with 2Mb connection wouldnt you reach that limit quicker?.

Lionheart ? 14:01 11 Feb 05

Found this about the 30Gb limit.

BT will not apply charges until Spring 2005. At the same time you will be able to keep track of your usage online.

peter4076 14:15 11 Feb 05

Thankyou all for the input, Salinger was right it had been posted before, and I thought I was quick off the mark, goes to show, this is the fastest gossip site in the west.
Will tick.

Caskstrength60 15:05 11 Feb 05

Got a letter in the post this morning from BT , main facts are :-
Free upgrade to 2mb (if the line will take it !).
Cost reduced by £4 a month (from 1st feb).
2mb service comes with 15gb monthly allowance !
From April 2005 you can keep an eye on your usage online.
From May 2005 additional usage may be purchased online .
So basically Faster , cheaper, less allowance !

Salinger 15:59 11 Feb 05

Think you'll find that the cost will be reduced by £3 per month for 3 months and BT Yahoo users keep their 30 Gb limit.

Lionheart ? 16:21 11 Feb 05

Salinger is right in what he has posted. Got an e-mail from BT Yahoo myself regarding the up grade.

Caskstrength60 17:53 11 Feb 05

My mistake , i'm on BT broadband not yahoo , but thats what it says in the letter !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…