//some 3rd party need geo

BT Yahoo! Broadband sign in failure - help please!

gozzila 09:53 20 May 05

I've been connected to BTYBB since Monday, Voyager 205 router and its been fine, until last night. Having used it OK earlier in day, I suddenly couldn't sign in... even though a ping showed I had a web connection. Via IE, I couldn';t get any web pages to load. It was at this point that BT Helpline left me high&dry, advising to contact my vendor!!!

I then used my dial up - web pages load OK, retried BB, no joy... and now can't even get a ping. I have re-selected LAN in Internet Options, but wonder if I need to redo anything in LAN Settings (currently nothing selected).

Or should I just remove all the installed programs & run the installation CD again? (If I do, will there be any impact on my Yahoo account?)

wee eddie 10:57 20 May 05

It may not be loaded with "BT Yahoo" but was with my new BT Broadband Set-up disk.

If you can find it, give it a whirl. When I first logged on I had a myriads of "drop-outs" but it seems to have cured that.

gozzila 11:23 20 May 05

wee eddie... I have got it. I used the healthcheck feature, which told me I couldn't get a connection. This is since using dial up, originally, I was getting BB to connect, but couldn't log in/load pages. Possibly page load prob is cos I have Yahoo's parental controls enabled, which seems to insist on a login to connect to internet - and the login is failing???

dewskit 14:31 20 May 05

I assume you have checkd with the BT status line 0800 169 0199 to make sure it is not their system that is down in you area?

When you do get connected, there is a new download for the Automated help feature which seems to have improved on the old one and will also check you connection speeds etc

wee eddie 15:04 20 May 05

Have you disconnected your Modem yet.

Every now and again, my system insists that it cannot retrieve a page and that I use the old Dial-up to connect, even though I know that I'm on line. I'm still trying to cure this glitch without removing the Modem.

p;3 21:05 20 May 05

what will it let you do at the moment and have you still got Parental Controls on there

and, have you run any virus etc checks and a BB on-line check again?

wee eddie 07:10 21 May 05

Solution: Turn off PC > Turn off Power to the Router > Re-boot Router > Re-boot PC > try connection again.

It worked for me. This time anyway!

gozzila 08:31 23 May 05

Well, reboot seems to have cleared it... Think the source of my problems might have been trying to access sign on through one of my other profiles (running XP with profiles for family). I hadn't logged in as me (primary account) first on that profile, to download the full sign in list. Seems to have gone bad from there. Now its all working fine.

Still don't think much of the help line...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…