BT Yahoo Broadband cannot access certain links

opta55 20:29 04 Jan 05

I have Norton Internet Security 2004 installed on my PC & have recently installed BT Yahoo Broadband. It works OK on most links but locks the screen on some & all the time using a microsoft exchange server. If I connect via the old internet explorer link that works fine & I have installed BT Yahoo Broadband at the same time on my work laptop & that works OK. The problem seems to be something on Norton blocking certain links within internet sites & on exchange server.Can anyone help?

Thanks
Ken

Technotiger 20:31 04 Jan 05

Hi, if you look through these Forum pages you will see many references to problems with NIS.
Never used it myself, but would recommend using the Free Zone Alarm instead.

Cheers.

Technotiger 20:31 04 Jan 05

Hi, if you look through these Forum pages you will see many references to problems with NIS.
Never used it myself, but would recommend using the Free Zone Alarm instead.

Cheers.

Technotiger 20:32 04 Jan 05

sorry - double-clicked in error.

Bapou 21:00 04 Jan 05

Copied this from BTYahoo "Help" on Surfing,

"Why can't I view secure sites?

Check any installed firewall, anti-virus or 3rd-party software that uses the internet, and make

sure they are disabled.

Also restore the default browser settings:

Open Internet Explorer (or the BT Yahoo! Browser)
Click on Tools
Select Internet Options
Click on the Advanced tab
Click Restore Defaults (above the Apply button)
Click on Apply and OK
Disconnect from the internet, restart the computer and try again."

I'm with BTYahoo Broadband using Zone Alarm (free version) without any difficulty.

JoeC 21:19 04 Jan 05

BTYahoo BB and have NIS 2005. I let NIS set itself up and had a similar problem. I solved it by going into the firewall settings ( Configure then programmes ) and deleting the entry for Internet Explorer. I rebooted,selected IE to go on the net and NIS automatically set up IE again. It has worked fine ever since. Don't know if it will work for you but maybe worth a try.

opta55 18:05 05 Jan 05

I tried deleting Microsoft Internet explorer rebooted,selected ie to connect to the web.Internet explorer works fine but if I open BTYahoo & try to access the web via this I get the same problem.Both microsoft internet explorer & BTYahoo browser are back in the Norton list of programmes - what category should they be set at?.
Any more ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…